About Get involved
Can't get the answers you need? Email us.
- What is a consultation?
- How do I give my feedback?
- Do I have to answer all survey questions?
- Will I be notified about the outcome of a consultation?
- Will everyone be able to see my response?
- What if I want to change or add to my response?
- What are my responses used for?
- Can I save my response and finish the survey later?
- Can I get a copy of my response once it is submitted?
Personal and contact details
A consultation is a way for the government to get feedback from Queenslanders about policies, programs or services.
There are different ways to conduct consultations, including advisory committees, focus groups, online consultations, public meetings, petitions, polls and surveys.
The Get involved website provides a list of Queensland Government consultations that are currently open for public feedback.
The most common way to give your feedback on the Get involved website is through an online survey.
You don't have to log in or register to give your feedback. Just select a consultation from the main list of consultations, and then click on the survey link. Once you have answered all the questions click the 'submit' button at the end of the survey—this will record your submission.
You must answer all of the mandatory questions, which are marked with a red asterisk (*).
If questions are not mandatory, you don't have to answer them.
Some consultations will ask for your contact details, if you would like to be notified about their outcome.
You can also return to the consultation page after it has closed to read updates or outcomes about the consultation.
No. We keep all responses and personal information confidential.
You cannot make changes to responses once they are submitted. However, if your views change, you can submit a new response.
All responses are considered when making policy decisions.
If you want to find out how your response was used, some consultations will give you the option to be notified when a decision is made.
There is a 45 minute time limit for completing the survey from the time you start filling it out. To save your response, click the 'finish later' button (within the 45 minute time limit)—you will be given an address and a password which you can use later to complete your response.
Your options to finish later include:
- bookmarking the page—remember to copy the address (link) provided as well as the password (it is best to copy directly from the page rather than typing the URL and password manually)
- continuing with your response now—this will take you back to the survey with your responses still in place
- email my password—request an email with your survey log in details. Note: email is not a secure form of communication. Anyone who receives the email will be able to access and edit your response.
If you receive the 'email must be well formed' error, this means that you have not entered an email address in its correct format. The email must contain '@emailprovider.com'. An example of a well-formed email is firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also need to check that there are no spaces at the end of the email address you have entered.
Once you have submitted your survey, you will be given the option to download a copy of your responses.
Personal and contact details
Some consultations may require your personal details before your responses can be accepted. This may include your email address.
Also, if you want to be kept informed about a consultation, we will need your contact details.
Read our privacy statement for details.
Change your contact details by emailing us. You need to provide both your old and new contact details and the consultation you subscribed to.